Environment and climate
ENVIRONMENTAL AND CLIMATE POLICY
DANSANI develops, manufactures and markets bathroom products.
While maintaining our tradition of quality and good craftsmanship which goes back more than 25 years, we wish continuously to evaluate and strengthen our environmental and climate effort on the basis of sound business acumen.
- To design our products in such a way that the environmental impact from their production, use and disposal is minimised.
- To use raw materials, water and energy efficiently to reduce our impact on the environment.
- To limit emissions, waste and discharges from our activities.
- To maintain high safety standards for our employees and promote responsible environmental approaches within our activities.
- To work with our suppliers, customers and other business partners to attain better environmental standards.
- To remain alert to new opportunities to improve the environmental qualities of our products and production methods, above and beyond what is generally expected.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND CLIMATE INITIATIVES INITIATED BY DANSANI
- We have installed motion sensors, which minimise power consumption for lighting of office premises and displays.
- We reduce energy wastage from production machinery.
- We have increased the degree of insulation and reduced heating consumption in our warehouses.
- We recover the heat in our production halls.
- 95 per cent of all waste from production is sorted with a view to recycling.
- We prepare voluntary waste accounts to minimise our consumption of resources as much as possible.
- We pay a fee to waste collection companies, which means that recyclable packaging can be recycled at no cost to the consumer.
- We minimise the use of cardboard and use recyclable and recycled cardboard to pack our products.
- We only use FSC-certified paper both internally in the company and for external correspondence, printed brochures, etc.
- We switch off PCs and computer screens when not in use.
- In addition, we continuously work to expand and improve our environmental and climate efforts.